Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Something NEW is Lurking...

As you have noticed, I have been out of the RC glider loop some 5-6 years. Its a long story suffice to say I am well and really never lost the RC glider bug. It just got put on the shelf and now its been brought forward a bit. Everybody has life and priority changes and I have to be honest, RC'ing just wasn't a priority the last few years. But it does interest me again as I now see in such a short period of time, great advancements in RC electro technology and new thinking on glider design. This always interests me and I believe I am going to get on board again exploring new ways of silent flight.

First off, this isn't a business for me, its a hobby that I am passionate about pushing my creativity in the form of great flying models. I am a self-taught engineer by trade which always requires very detailed attention to the small things as much as the main problems that need solving. So what is the main problem and the small details that surround aerobatic modeling today? Lets put this in context.

FLYING VTPR AEROBATICS WITHOUT LIFT!

Wow, that's pretty out there! Agreed and I would have never thought I would encounter much more venture into this problem solving endeavor. Slope soaring delivers all the required tools to successful traditional and VTPR aerobatics. Maybe its time for something new and different...

PARK-VTPR MODE!

You guessed it - I introduce you to VeLectro 2.8, a motorized VTPR glider (MVG). To date, I have been developing a new type of glider specifically for "no lift" application on the flat. Here are photos and a walk around video of the prototype. Maiden flight video coming soon...











As of Jan 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment